It’s that time of year. Soon, everyone will have a “best-of 2011” blog.
I probably won’t. Instead, I’ll just shoot from the hip and ramble aimlessly about what I consider to be the year’s most creative executions. Now is as good a time as any to start.
Most Fun Spot of 2011: Weebatix Chocolate Spoonsize Dancer
– The pre-teen eats her chocolate cereal in her bedroom – before school as the sun is rising.
– She jumps into a dubstep routine, as perhaps part of some sugar-induced fit, with her body-popping-body-locking teddy bears in tandem.
– Their furry flesh jiggles around and she kills it with a wicked performance.
– Her three friends are stunned by her awesomeness.
– The payoff: new Weetabix Chocolate Spoonsize are “fuel for fun.”
– This sugary cereal can’t be much worse than the bacon and syrup-slathered pancakes at Mom’s breakfast table.
Are these over-caffeinated kids over-stimulated by the hype of ABDC, American Idol and X Factor? Or, are kids today encouraged to get active and dance it out.
Versus the cartoon tiger that tried to convince me that “They’re grrrrrrreat…” I’d say there’s a good chance that growing up with this kind of influence is a better thing than we got in the 1980s. It’s hard to not have fun watching this and feel good about the sugary morning indulgence that some mornings are made for.